Leading Dev Teams
solving problems and building web services, cloud infrastructure,
artificial intelligence, chat bots, and blockchain
A social media platform focused on security, free speech, and free market economy.
About Tom Counsell
Tom bootstrapped his first successful startup, a social enterprise in Morocco, growing to $1M revenue within 3 years and trained up internal team members to takeover executive positions. As a leader, he balances teams, bringing empathy and a high demand for personal responsibility.
Since 2014, he has helped raise over $3M in crowdfunding and investments, sold 1 company, and scaled up highly effective IT and operations teams.
He is an energizing public speaker and purpose-driven leader that puts others first. From standing desks to painted murals, countless office environments have been permanently altered because Tom cares about teamwork environments, making them highly effective for work and startup hustling!
Tom's 12 Rules for Business:
- Challenge the status quo and initiate new experiments
- Quietly lead by setting an example
- Promote an environment of open curiosity and fun
- Be first to admit being wrong or making a mistake
- Never back down from a challenge
- Take responsibility and make difficult decisions when others don't want to
- Ask for help all the time
- Give help to everyone who asks
- First work smarter, then work harder
- To see a problem and stay quiet is to become part of the problem
- With failure, learn and never repeat
- Nothing is more valuable than your integrity